Most Effective Anti-Aging Skincare Routine
Love the way they say 40 is the new 30!
Well, there are quite a few who haven't been able to get their heads around the catchphrase. For others, truism comes with options abound.
Look around! Everyone is dying to lay their hands on the fountain of youth, masquerading as botox needles and beauty bottles with marvelous packaging.
Undeniably, 40 can be the perfect age to bring out your true gorgeous self. The reasons aren’t obscure to scan. Your teenage beauty woes like acne and hormone triggered pigmentation have taken a backseat. Your frontline worry rests in burgeoning lines, dull skin, and dryness.
Think deep. 40 can be the most rewarding phase in a woman’s life. With your career established and kids all grown up, it means you get to devote more time for yourself. This is exactly where the significance of a skin-care routine holds the upper hand.
You’ll be delighted to know just how simple an anti-aging skincare routine can be. Read on to find out more.
The oath to exfoliate
The production of collagen seems to hold the key to healthy and glowing skin. By the time you are 30, the natural cell renewal rate takes a dip. Finally, when you reach 40, you start witnessing the after-effects. A regular habit to exfoliate helps in the long run:
- It acts as a catalyst for your wrinkles and all existing blemishes.
- Mild scrubs for at least 2-3 times a week offers more control over the skin.
- Mitigates the growth of ingrown hair post a waxing session.
- It reduces skin breakouts to keep recurring episodes of acne and other blemishes at bay.
- It unclogs your pores. This helps facilitate other skin-nourishing cosmetics to penetrate deep.
- It imparts an even skin tone.
- It facilitates the circulation of oxygen-rich blood and nourishes from within.
It stimulates the lymphatic drainage for effective internal cleansing.
Embrace hydrating serums
It’s only natural for your skin cells to shed off the natural barriers as you age. However, there seems to be an additional reason for the depletion. The molecules within the dermis responsible for trapping moisture, for instance, the hyaluronic acid, starts diminishing around the ‘40s. With added volume loss it creates a deflating skin condition leading to overall dryness. Why not invest in a hydrating serum to help even the odds:
- Replenish the moisture loss with formulated hyaluronic acid, accounting for soft and supple skin.
- Improves skin tone with daily application, post-cleansing.
- Open up your skin to free radicals to prevent premature aging.
- Reap the goodness of antioxidants to reverse skin damage and boost elasticity.
Don’t ignore the eyes
While you are looking to balance it out with the best choices for an anti-aging skincare routine, don’t ignore your eyes. The dark circles, under-eye bags, fine lines, they are an extension of dehydrated skin. Hence, eye creams are a must inclusion for any skincare regimen after 40. Here’s how an eye cream helps:
- It imparts freshness and hydrates under-eye skin with powerful antioxidants.
- It uses retinol and Vitamin A to fix laxing of upper eyelids.
- It works to diminish visible dark circles.
- It gives you relief from undue puffiness and fine lines.
- Keeps your under-eye skin sag-free to ease makeup application.
Sunscreens to the rescue
Any anti-aging skincare routine can never be completed without the inclusion of sunscreens. Sure, you have always used sunscreen before stepping out, but with age, you need to consider a different formula; like swapping your oil-free ones with a more creamy type. Here’s how sunscreen benefits your skin like nothing else.
- It lowers the risk of skin cancer, like melanoma for instance.
- It protects from the blotchiness and appearance of red veins.
- The presence of octinoxate and zinc oxide keeps photoaging at bay
- It protects from harmful UV rays causing further damage to aging skin.
- Helps in the production of new elastin to restore youthfulness and retain natural radiance.
Sunscreens are ideal to maintain healthy skin and keep the youthful glow intact. You should use it in a liberal amount to avoid sunburns and damage to the skin.
A little bit of extra for your face
With maturity, comes wisdom, but not for your skin. As you age, the natural oil production capability of your skin touches the bottom level. With daily exposure to harsh sun rays, your skin fails to retain moisture like the way it used to do before. The result is a lackluster and highly dehydrated scenario. That is exactly where facial oils come into the picture.
- It locks essential moisture to prevent dehydration.
- Acts as a great primer before makeup. Immediately gives a plumping effect and smoothes your skin.
- Using high-end oils that comprise ingredients like camellia, macadamia, and jojoba help treat enlarged pores.
- Effectively treats age-induced skin blemishes and rashes.
Don’t be harsh with removing makeup
There is no harping on the big mistake of sleeping with makeup. No matter what routine you have been following to remove makeup at night, it’s time to change things for good. Here are some pro tips that you can follow:
- Ditch your typical skin cleansers and embrace Micellar cleansing water. It acts as a mild surfactant that doesn't require one to rinse off the dirt. This is good for your aging skin as you can gently clean the gunk.
- Never move your cleaning pad or cotton back and forth. Maintain a uniform, unidirectional, sweep from inner to the outer side.
- Don’t forget to massage your face after makeup removal. This is absolutely important for an aging skin to restore blood flow as well as elasticity. Also, use a moisturizer afterward to prevent your skin from excessive drying.
Now that you know what all needs to be done to be a step ahead with your anti-aging skincare routine, it’s time to put things into action. Have you
been following any particular skincare routine after 40? Drop us a line below
and let us know. We would love to hear from you all!